- We aim to provide you with a fast and effective service for our range of protection products
- Our aim is to offer a premium which can match your affordability
- We can usually quote a premium when other Insurers are unable to make an offer
- There may be occasions when we cannot offer terms due to product eligibility
1. Request a pre quote illustration (indicative premium)
We see this as a key part of the process as it enables your client to discuss affordability with you and establish at the outset whether they wish to proceed. We aim to turn this around within 3 working days.
There are a number of ways your client can request an illustration:
- You and your client complete our illustration request form and email it to us
- Send the completed application form(s) from other Insurers along with associated medical documents to us to assess, to email@example.com
- Completed illustration requests or other medical documents and alternative applications can be emailed to our protection team: firstname.lastname@example.org or click here: Protection: Illustration request form
- For more complicated cases your adviser can phone to speak to one of our underwriters. Please refer to our What Conditions Do We Cover section as this may give you clarification as to whether we can provide you with an illustration.
We will email the illustration(s) to you with an application form and Key Features Document (KFD). Should your client require further illustrations, you can contact us on 0333 043 7040*.
2. Request a quote (final terms)
After you have presented the illustration(s) to your client, you can proceed:
- Complete the application form in full, consider placing the policy in trust (see "Trust Planning” page)
- You must email the completed form to the protection team: email@example.com
- Once received this will activate our medical underwriting process
- We will request a General Practitioner Report and we may require further evidence such as a medical examination
- If we require further evidence, we will chase it regularly until it is received
- When we have received all relevant information, our underwriters will assess your client's application and, where we can provide terms, we will aim to send a binding quote within 48 hours.
3. Accepting a quote**
Where possible final terms are issued after underwriting:
- Gain acceptance from your client
- Request a re-quote if required
- To contact the protection team by email to confirm the on risk date: firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the date you tell us to put the case on risk your client will be covered, as long as no required documentation is outstanding.
4. Receive commission
Commission will be paid up to 2 weeks after the first premium has been collected.
*Telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Local call rates apply.
**You must make us aware if there are any changes to your client's health or circumstances after you have submitted their application but before their policy starts.