Valuations and lending criteria during the coronavirus pandemic
Lockdown restrictions are constantly changing. As at 5 January, we're pleased to confirm that physical valuations are still available. Our valuation processes during the lockdown periods are as follows:
A physical valuation will be instructed for all new applications, further advances and ports. To ensure the safety of our customers, our surveyors will carry out a risk assessment at the time of booking an appointment.
Please see our Acceptable Properties Guide for Full Valuations.
If a customer is considered clinically vulnerable, and a physical inspection can't be safely carried out, arrangements will be made for a desktop valuation and an external inspection of the property. An appointment will be made with the customer for the external inspection.
Where a desktop valuation has been carried out, the loan will be subject to full underwriting assessment and the following criteria will apply:
- For J3, J4 and J5 LTV series, a 5% reduction to the property valuation will apply (desktop valuations are not available for the J6 LTV series)
- A full physical valuation will be required in the future (at Just expense)
- An additional property questionnaire and photos of the property are to be provided
- Loans for home improvements/essential repairs can't be considered under desktop criteria
- Where loans are for non-essential reasons, the loan amount may be reduced until a full inspection can be carried out.
Please see our Acceptable Properties Guide for Desktop Valuations.
Local Lockdown Restrictions
Where the UK or local government announces that a location must extend or impose a lockdown, and surveyors are no longer allowed to enter people’s homes, our surveyors will suspend internal physical property inspections in that location with immediate effect, until further notice.
Currently, there are no areas where surveyor services are suspended.
Physical Inspections Explained
We understand that some customers may be uncertain about the safety of internal property surveys during the coronavirus pandemic. To help reassure them, please refer to this Helpful Information document and a short video from Countrywide to explain the process.